Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Scam Artists selling toner cartidges

Greetings HPL Team,

It has come to my attention from two different Neighborhood Libraries that a scam artist is at work regarding toner cartridges.

It is in the form of a phone call such as:

…I got a call a couple of weeks ago about toner cartridges.. They said they were shipping extra toner cartridges for the photocopiers and a shipper/distributer would be contacting me in the next few days and I was to make sure they quoted me the $529 price, not the $599. A few days later someone called to say they were shipping the toner cartridges. Quoted me the $529 price, verified the address and asked if I was authorized to sign the invoice. I said this is something that the business office would need to authorize….

Knowing how tight the budget is right now, I doubt any of you would authorize the shipment but I felt since two Libraries have been called, I wanted to advise you that we do not purchase toner cartridges for our CoinCopier copiers. CoinCopier Inc. is a concessionaire which means they are doing business on our premises and they not only provide the copiers, but they provide the supplies such as toner as well. They also collect the money. Do not authorize any Toner Cartridge shipment. If you wish, you can refer the caller to me.

Thanks
Ron

Ronald L Stauss
Assistant Director - CTO
Houston Public Library
500 McKinney St.
Houston, TX 77002

Work: 832-393-1400
Cell: 832-748-1809

0 comments:

Blog Archive