Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HPL Network - Internet IMPORTANT

Greetings.

With very cautious optimism, I ask you to be particularly watchful on Tuesday for internet slowness and call the helpdesk should you experience any. We received the final license to operate the special firewall and it went into operation around 4:30pm Monday Nov. 21 and the final adjustment happened around 6:00pm.

Logged in from home Monday evening, I found very speedy results over the VPN prior to 7:30pm.

We will be watching the new firewall reports as our customers arrive on Tuesday Nov. 22 and may do some fine tuning.

This morning we had a 9:00 conference call and all systems are looking good as per bandwidth charts etc. The new device is doing its job!

I think some locations have signs up and I would like to see a message of Optimism while we continue to observe under heavy load.
I will look forward to hearing from you throughout today as to your experience.
Thanks
Ron

Ronald L Stauss
Assistant Director - CTO
Houston Public Library
500 McKinney St.
Houston, TX 77002

Work: 832-393-1400
Cell: 832-748-1809

0 comments:

Blog Archive