Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reporting Out of Order Machines/Equipment

Please have staff report out-of-order items to Rachel Davis, Azucena Olivares, or Maria Garcia.

Yesterday, we had an instance of a customer reporting to a LST member that the hand dryers in the public women’s room on the Concourse level were out of order. The staff member told the woman that yes, that was true, that the staff member herself had noticed a while ago that the hand dryers weren’t working. (Actually, I’m not sure how the conversation progressed, but that seems to have been the final result—the customer discovering that the hand dryers been out-of-order for a while and that the staff member was aware of it.) The customer then became distraught, which was when I was called over. I did call Rachel and she put a work order in.

I asked the staff member today whether she had reported this problem to anybody, and she said no, she had assumed that the cleaning staff would notice this and report it.

So I’m just asking you to remind staff to report problems that they see.

Both Maria and I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Elizabeth W. Kelly
Manager of Periodicals
Central Library
Houston Public Library System
elizabeth.kelly@houstontx.gov
832-393-1537

1 comments:

HPL Central Library said...

Do the hand dryers work now?
E.P...

Blog Archive