Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Local Author Display

So you don’t have to reinvent the wheel: http://hplcen.blogspot.com/2015/04/local-author-shelf.html

Key points for staff:
1.       Please note the purple Local Author label; PLEASE DO NOT INTERFILE WITH THE REST OF THE COLLECTION
2.       These items DO circulate. Let someone’s grandma take a book home!

While there is a mix of genres and audiences, I simply shelved them by author’s name and title. Because they are in the catalog, we should probably make an attempt to keep them in a semblance of order. However, I feel it is unreasonable to ask busy staff to try to distinguish genre and audience with such a small collection.

Let me know if you or staff have any questions. If staff notices issues or thinks of a better way to handle this specialized collection, please let me know. It feels like a seat-of-the-pants as is, and I’m open to any way to make it better.

Thanks,
Darcy Casavant
Librarian III
Houston Public Library
Central Services
500 McKinney
Houston, TX 77002

832-393-1501

0 comments:

Blog Archive