Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Favorite Poem Project Anthology

Hello,
Just wanted to tell you about a project that I am really excited about. Our Poet Laureate, 
Robin Davidson, has launched the Favorite Poem Project Anthology for the City of Houston. The project is modeled on former U.S Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky’s national  project: http://www.favoritepoem.org/about.html
The project is about Houstonians sharing their favorite poems and why these poems are their favorites. The culmination of this great project will be a published collection, set to come out in Spring 2017.
I strongly encourage all of you to submit your favorite poem, and please encourage your customers to do so as well. 
Poet Laureate Robin Davidson’s blog post: http://houstonlibrary.org/learn-explore/blog/favorite-poem-project 

I am strongly encouraging you to announce the project at any opportunities during programs, and if possible, have a computer available with the submission site ready to go.
 (per email from Jennifer Schwartz)

0 comments:

Blog Archive