Thursday, January 7, 2010

Central Turnstile and "Piggybacking" in the Garage

Good evening, all!

Before I left for the evening I wanted to share some info from Darcy regarding the manager's meeting.

I've received some notices from security that I thought I would pass on to you.

1) The turnstile in the Concourse hallway should *NEVER* be tampered with. I've received reports stating some library staff have been noted at "slapping" the turnstile gate to open it. Security wants to remind all staff that any tampering with the turnstile will not be tolerated and is being recorded on a security camera. If you are caught and identified using the camera, the fine can be anywhere from between$100-$500. If you do not have your badge to operate the turnstile or other key swipes, you cannot report to work and must return home to retrieve it or go to 611 Walker to get a new one.

2) Our security in the sorting room is paramount to our well-being and security says they are seeing it propped open on a constant basis. Please do not prop open the back door or front door to the sorting room. As stated above, if you do not have your badge, you cannot report to work and must go to 611 or home to retrieve it.

3) Security and other library staff are catching a lot of people on tape in regards to "piggybacking" cars to exit the building at the end of the evening. Since most nights the supervisor takes care of the tickets, there should be no reason to not have your ticket ready to go at the end of the evening. There has been no statement of fines for piggybacking, but I will give you the information when it is provided. I imagine it will be similarly priced as the Turnstile. I want to remind everyone that damaging that piece of equipment can run up to thousands of dollars as well as your own car repair bills. Please remember there are multiple cameras posted all over the garage and security is going to crack down on these issues and so are we if you are identified on camera.

Everyone, please drive carefully this weekend and keep an eye on the news and weather to plan for any delays that may occur on your way in. Also, call our emergency hotline (832-393-1550) to remain up to date on weather conditions.

Daniel Pillow
Library Assistant Supervisor
Library Support Team
Central Services
Houston Public Library

0 comments:

Blog Archive