Dear Daniel,
I've been told a couple of things when it comes to audio books:
1) You can only check out 10 audio books at a time.
2) Audio books are checked out as if they were books, meaning a customer can check out up to 50 at a time.
Can you tell me which is accurate?
Ambivalent to AV
Well, Ambi, it has been the understanding of this location that audio books are viewed as books and therefore we can check out as many as the customer likes as long as the number of items on the account is 50 or below. I believe some locations may put a limit on how many customers can check out to prevent their entire audio book collection from being taken at one time, however with the new floating collection, this won't be a problem for long. If you have the option to check out the item, by all means do so; I think we would all prefer the extra circ to show the need of more materials. This would also spur further audio book additions in the long run. One thing I do want to clarify is Music CDs and audio books are two separate entities in the sense that only 10 music CDs can be checked out at a time. This does not change.
In short, check them out!
Daniel
I've been told a couple of things when it comes to audio books:
1) You can only check out 10 audio books at a time.
2) Audio books are checked out as if they were books, meaning a customer can check out up to 50 at a time.
Can you tell me which is accurate?
Ambivalent to AV
Well, Ambi, it has been the understanding of this location that audio books are viewed as books and therefore we can check out as many as the customer likes as long as the number of items on the account is 50 or below. I believe some locations may put a limit on how many customers can check out to prevent their entire audio book collection from being taken at one time, however with the new floating collection, this won't be a problem for long. If you have the option to check out the item, by all means do so; I think we would all prefer the extra circ to show the need of more materials. This would also spur further audio book additions in the long run. One thing I do want to clarify is Music CDs and audio books are two separate entities in the sense that only 10 music CDs can be checked out at a time. This does not change.
In short, check them out!
Daniel
0 comments:
Post a Comment